This Corona Virus pandemic has forced us to rethink the way we usually do things. Everything has been digitized and it is very important for your business that you go digital as well. Live events and virtual conferences are the new norms now. It is vital for your company to follow the trends to stay current. There are many different types of virtual events present nowadays that can be used. The most innovative kinds of virtual events are hybrid events. As the pandemic has forced us to conduct many conferences online, we have to learn new ways.
What is a Hybrid Event?
Hybrid events are a combination of both physical and virtual events that are the most innovative way of hosting events. The attendees of these events are both virtual and interactive audiences. Hybrid events have gained a lot of popularity in the last year and that is why a lot of corporations have started using these platforms. Hybrid events are very beneficial as they have both the qualities of virtual and physical events.
Types of Hybrid Events
Hybrid events are types of virtual events along with webinars, virtual conferences, virtual health fairs, and virtual education fairs, etc. These events can be planned for a very large group of people and on a small budget. Hybrid Events are further divided into two basic types i.e. internal events and external events, which are further defined as follows
- Internal hybrid events are gatherings that are beneficial for the pre-existing stakeholders such as the employees and the staff. Many companies have events like these for the get-together of their stakeholders. These events are important to engage the pre-existing stakeholders as their interests need to be renewed as well. They need to know that their investments are not going to waste and that the company holds them in great esteem. Holding these events gives them more information about their stakes in the company while also letting them know what the company is currently doing. As hybrid events allow the stakeholders to join the event either physically in the main location or through a virtual event platform.
- External hybrid events target people that are potential customers and clients. Holding this event on a virtual platform makes it innovative, modern, and easier to use. It is important to have a constant influx of new customers and stakeholders because they increase the revenue of the company. This is why it is very important to keep hosting new events that engage and attract new clientele. These events allow people to attend the events without consideration to geographical locations. More people can attend these events, they lower the carbon footprint of your corporation and put your company on the map. Virtual conferences, tradeshows, and virtual job fairs are examples of these events.
How to Host a Hybrid Event?
Hybrid Events are the new way of hosting events that have revolutionized the entire industry. Hosting them is not hard if you know what you are doing. These events are supposed to be the perfect balance between an online event and a physical event. Your attendees should be able to have experience of two different events in one go. However, you have to keep in mind that you have to deliver the content to two groups. The video streaming service should be working correctly along with all the necessary tools for a physical event. It should be relevant to both groups and should have activities for both groups.
Moreover, the content itself should be very engaging to keep both groups interested. It is difficult to keep both groups engaged, especially the online one. The content should be interesting, there should be a question-and-answer session and live polls as well. The sessions should also be timed consciously so as not to bore the audience. Lastly, as the main objective of these events is to increase the audience, you should accommodate the difference in time zones. You should offer the sessions on demand so that people from different time zones can access the seminars. By doing these things you can create a great hybrid event that caters to all the individuals willing to attend.
The Benefits of Hybrid Events
- Hybrid events hold many advantages over the events that used to prevail before the pandemic. Hybrid events are innovative at their best. These events have a very remarkable reach as they accept both virtual and physical attendees. People can visit a physical location and would also be able to attend virtually. It caters to and eradicates the need of being in a specific geographical location. You can have people attend from any corner of the world and thus increasing their revenue.
- Another benefit of a hybrid event is that it is very cost-effective. It increases the return on investment as it brings the event a lot more attention and profits. These events cover a much larger range of people across different nations. The level of exposure it gets not only increases the audience but also greatly increases the profits that the company makes from single events. These events give your corporation the advantages of both in-person events and virtual events.
- Your sessions can be recorded and streamed to attendees even after the event ends. The people who could not have visited the events can view these sessions at their own convenience. This will give people easier access to your content and will bring in more customers to your company. When people view your sessions after the event has ended, it will keep your company at the forefront of everyone’s minds.
- Lastly, you need to make sure that your events are successful. In order to do that you need analytics and quantifiable data. This is another reason why these events are so popular. They give you the ability to track the progress of both virtual and physical attendees. It lets you track the number of people who attended, the level of interaction and the reactions of the audience. Data can be gathered and accumulated so that your company can keep track of your progress. With the use of this data, you can identify where your event was lacking and what needs to be improved.
It is the requirement of the age to advance with the times. You should be willing to modernize and adapt, for the betterment of your corporation. Hybrid events are the best way to put your company on the map. They are easy to use, very cost-effective and bring in a wider array of people to your event. They also increase the company’s revenue and profits. This last year has led us to reconsider everything but we have all learned from this experience. We have learned to carry on with our lives in more innovative ways. Hybrid events are just another creation to make life easy and creative.
Author | Zoha Junaid